Because of the COVID-19 pandemic all information here is tentative. Final plans will be posted later.
Welcome to High Holidays at Temple Israel.
The office will be open during normal hours (9-5) during the weeks of the HHD period, but will close at 2:30 pm on Erev Rosh Hashanah and Kol Nidre and be closed on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur (depending on the specific dates for HHD in any year).
We encourage your participation at all services. To make your experience more enjoyable and meaningful, approach any usher for assistance or ask an usher if you have any questions. Here are a few suggestions to make the High Holy Days a great experience for yourself, your family, your friends, and other congregants.
- Please turn off any pagers and cell phones BEFORE entering the sanctuary. No noise-making devices are permitted.
- If you are a healthcare professional willing to assist in case of an emergency during services, please check in with an usher as you enter the sanctuary.
- Please be considerate of others who may be sensitive to chemicals. Avoid applying heavy-scented perfumes, colognes, or lotions prior to services.
- When entering the sanctuary, find your seat as quickly and as quietly as possible.
- Please be considerate of others and limit ‘saving seats’ or removing any signs about reserved seats that are not applicable to you.
- Use the programs and machzor (Mishkan Hanefesh prayer books) to follow the service and locate the prayers and songs.
- Please observe that NO smoking, chewing gum, eating food, or photography is permitted in the sanctuary during services. Be aware that some congregants may be fasting on Yom Kippur. If you need to bring food or drink on Yom Kippur (for taking medication), consume it privately away from other people.
- The use of cell phones and audio or video recording is prohibited.
- If you have a young child with you, you may want to seat yourselves near a door and away from the front of the sanctuary. This permits you to leave at any time with minimal disturbance to others. Also, see the HHD Childcare page for information on this free service to members.
- The Gift Shop has HHD-related cards and other items to enhance your High Holy Days. See the Gift Shop page for information about any sales during High Holy Days.