Temple Israel Brotherhood
Brotherhood serves Temple Israel and the Akron community through its contribution of energy and resources to promote Jewish identity, Jewish education and a positive Jewish presence.
To honor its commitment to Temple Israel, Brotherhood:
- Provides ushers at all Temple services — including Shabbat and the High Holy Days. (The ushering teams and schedule are on the Brotherhood Ushering page.)
- Sponsors speakers at Temple about sports and current issues. It also organizes fundraisers and outings to sporting events and social/cultural functions.
- Has underwritten the cost of the URJ prayerbook, Mishkan T’filah. Temple families have had the opportunity to dedicate books in honor or in memory of a loved one.
- Has provided funds for new and replacement equipment for the Temple. We work on projects around the Temple building and grounds when the need arises.
Monthly meetings are open to all members and held the first Sunday or first Tuesday of the month (alternating). See the online Calendar for the meeting date in a specific month.
- First Sunday meetings are at 9:30 a.m. at Temple Israel. Come to Temple and have a bagel, juice, and a cup of coffee and then sit in on a very informal meeting.
- First Tuesday meetings are at 6:30 p.m. at Rockne’s in Fairlawn, OH. If you visit, order from the menu and take part in our meeting after or while we eat.
New members are vital in the continuation of our mission.
Please come to a meeting or any event so that we may get to know you and, in turn, you can get to know us.
Contacting Temple Israel Brotherhood
To send a message inquiring about Temple Israel Brotherhood and its activities, use its Contact Form.