In consultation with medical professionals we have written and put into place a pandemic response plan for Temple Israel. This will allow us to remain proactive and informed about what necessary steps we can take as a Temple Israel community to ensure the safety of all of our members. In an abundance of caution we have closed the public areas of our building through the end April (and possibly longer) and postponed all events. Should there be a change in our plans, we will keep you informed. Also, check the online calendar for new offerings and any adjustments or cancellations. See the back page for how to access online offerings.
What this means for you:
- Friday night Shabbat Services continue at their regularly scheduled times online either through our live- streaming service or Facebook Live. Saturday morning Torah Study is available as a virtual meeting.
- We’ve instituted some online-only events such as Lunch & Learn, Coffee & Conversation and Musical Meditation.
- In-person sessions of the Religious School, Hebrew School and Teen Night are postponed until further notice. Our Director of Education, Lauren Trexler, is coordinating online Zoom rooms.
- All committee and small group meetings will take place outside Temple or be rescheduled for a later date. Please refer to your group leader for information.
- Cancelled events were removed from the Temple calendar. Should plans be made to reschedule any events, you will be informed by email.
The Temple offices have been closed, but the staff and leadership continue to check voicemail, email and postal mail regularly. Please stay safe and know that we are there to help you and for support. If we can help you during these unusual and trying times, please contact the Temple Office or the Co-Presidents (Mike Segal and Dr. Bob Lazarow).